Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Summertime . . . and the livin's easy . . .WHAT!!!

Whoever wrote that song did not have kids. School starts on Thursday, YAY!!!! Why is it when you're a kid, summer goes by super fast, but when you are the parent of a school age child, it never seems to end? We had a fun, and eventful summer, and I love my kids, but it is time for someone else to answer the constant barrage of questions I get during the day. Someone who is trained and will be paid to deal with the questions that I get, and cannot possibly answer. My oldest child has a particularly inquisitive nature. Much like his dad, he craves information. But lately, the way he asks me for the information sounds to me like he is being a complete smart alec. I know it is not intentional, but I feel I am constantly being second guessed by a seven-year-old. I find myself saying the four words I always used to hear my mom say, and swore I never would say; "because, I'm the mom," all the time. But, now that I say them, I understand why my mom always said them, because they are the only way to shut a kid up. They can't argue with that. It's beautiful.

Anyway, here are some highlights of the summer . . .

  • Many days at the park, cooling off in the wading pool.
  • A trip to the Long Beach Aquarium.


  • Many days at the beach, boogie boarding, eating, making sand castles.
  • Camping in Yosemite, then off to family reunions in UT.
  • General goofing around and silliness.
  • Hanging out at the Thompson family cabin in Cedar City UT; so amazingly beautiful.


But. . . Labor Day has come and gone. Soccer season is here (my room is a complete disaster, with a soccer banner in progress), and my son is about to start second grade. YAY for September.!!!

No comments: