Monday, September 10, 2007

rough days ahead

My two-year-old is a bully. I don't know what to do. You would think that by the third kid, I would have some idea of what I was doing, but all I can think to do is lock him in his room until he outgrows it. But, since I am sure someone would call child services on me if they didn't see him for say, three years, I have to come up with a different solution.

I don't understand how a person so young could have honed these skills so quickly already. He makes his seven-year-old brother cry all the time. Granted, Jacob is quick with the tears, but still, Spencer will actually HURT Jacob; for reals, and he's two. What am I going to do with him when he gets older? So far, I have come to terms with the idea that none of my boys will be the small kid in class. So, if Spencer keeps up with Jacob growth-wise, and keeps up this bullying, I'm going to be in real trouble. He's going to be that big, obnoxious, red-headed kid that is always pushing the little kids around, like that scary albino kid from "A Christmas Story" with the coon skin cap.

Also, I have stumbled upon the funniest blog ever; Boobs, Injuries, and Dr.Pepper. The problem is, she has been writing for a while and since I just found her, I spend hours at a time, NOT doing anything productive, but reading through all of her archived posts, and laughing myself to tears. She is the most irreverent mommy blogger I have come across and I have finally found someone to relate to. At moments she is tender and kind, and posts cute pictures of her babies that all of us love to do, then other times she is telling us stories of the glorious ways she messes with her kids' minds. Pure genius; I aspire to her cleverness. To my Mormon friends out there be warned, she has a ridiculous potty mouth.

1 comment:

Leyla... said...

I love that movie! I can't believe cute little Spencer is a bully! Aren't boys fun?