Monday, September 17, 2007

go pirates!!

Elijah had his first soccer game on Saturday. He seemed to be really excited about the idea all week. He was even more excited when coach told him he gets to watch the first quarter. Then second quarter came along . . .


Please pay special attention to his phenomenal form. I have already been looking up the requirements for qualifying for the 2020 summer games. I know he will be a shoe in. I vow to become the most motivated soccer mom in history. I will hand sew soccer banners until my fingers bleed. There is nothing I won't do to further the budding soccer career of my four-year-old.

Seriously, he just doesn't like the idea of running. I don't blame him. Running stinks. I hate running. How can I expect him to do something I'm not really willing to do myself. Eventually, after an ice cream cone bribe, he did get up and sort of ran after the ball . . . a little.

See, there he is, sort of near the ball, and he is standing, which I considered a HUGE victory for him. All in all, he seemed to have fun. Can't wait till the next game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love that boy!
Janna