Sunday, September 14, 2008

an update

So I have a lot to post about but I just haven't been that good at getting my photos uploaded and part of me thinks I can't post without pictures so I end up not posting at all. The other problem is the kids are always on the computer so I end up using my mom's laptop more than my own; and her computer does not have my photos on it. So you see my problem.

So here is what has been going on around here:

1. SCHOOL!!!!! Jake is in 3rd grade this year and already seems to be doing very well. Elijah started kindergarten without too much drama. A few days into it he asked which days he didn't have to go to school (he was used to 3 days a week preschool). I told him he had to go every day and he said he didn't want to have a long day. But, I think he is adjusting. He has even been getting himself out of bed the past few days without me having to wake him up. His teacher is very sweet and incorporates a lot of music and art into her curriculum so I think he will do well with her. He has full day kindergarten, which has been hard on him; and me, but we are dealing with it just fine. Spencer started Tot Lot. He goes five days a week for two hours in the morning. I work on Monday mornings and the rest of the week I get to drop him off. So far I haven't had a whole bunch of time to myself, but I am looking forward to being able to shop all by myself once we settle into the schedule.

2. Brent's job is going great. The customer he has been working with recently canceled his project. But it is turning out to be a good thing. As disappointing as it was to lose the project, many at his work felt it had been run very well so Brent seems to be getting a lot of attention. They like his management style and have been bringing up ideas for other positions in the company they think he would be a good fit for. So that has been great for him to get some accolades from someone else besides me.

3. Mexico. Brent and I are leaving soon for a 4 day cruise to Catalina and Ensenada. We are very excited about getting some much needed alone time. My sweet mom will be watching the kids for us and we can't thank her enough. We have been married for close to 11 years and this is our first EVER vacation with just the two of us for the sole purpose of just being together. I can't wait.

I sure hope life is humming along for everyone as well as our life is going. We are truly blessed.

4 comments:

Amber said...

WOW! Have fun on your cruise. After 11 years, you definitely deserve it.

Michelle said...

That is so awesome! Good for you guys. Have a blast!!!

Emily Petty said...

It's great to hear how everyone is doing - congrats to Brent. And have a great time on your cruise - that sounds wonderful!

Janna said...

I wanna see a post about your cruise.