Friday, August 22, 2008

why i love my kids

since it has been a long day, i thought i'd better remind myself why i love my kids.

jacob:

super super smart
great giggle
he's finally at an age where he is fun to do stuff with (he plays a great game of speed and i don't even have to let him win anymore)
he is kind
very polite
loves to read
passionate
sensitive
his face turns red when he runs around a lot
generally obedient
self-motivated
tells silly jokes and then giggles
dimples

Elijah:
walks on his toes
LOVES art
very routine-oriented (which also drives me crazy)
likes to read
always turns off the lights (my new little "green" nazi)
stays up late; sleeps in late like me (although i know that is about to become one of my greatest challenges with kindergarten starting)
very very mellow
will speak his mind; but in a totally round about way
he is the calm amongst the storms that are his brothers
will choose fruit over candy
he's a mini-me

Spencer:
potty trained himself
runs around the house spelling his name and his brothers' names
he's trouble with a capital T
he gives the dog commands in the exact same manner in which i give the dog commands
dimples, red hair, tan skin, blue eyes
can read books (the ones he has memorized anyway)
he talks to himself
he runs up to you out of nowhere to give you a great big hug around the thighs
when he is tired, he will drop where he is and sleep; LOVE when that happens
how he says "EE-WHY-SHA" when he calls his brother
when he talks on the phone he says "Heh-woh? heh-woh-oh!!"
he's adventurous
he pronounces our last name: "Zon-gshur"
he cocks his head a little to the left when he asks a question
he's persistent (which is also a reason why he makes me crazy)

4 comments:

Emily Petty said...

What a sweet post Jeanette - it is always great to remind ourselves on those days that we're crazy - i think it's especially great that the previous blog is "double grrr" - that juxtaposition is definitely life!

Laura said...

aww that post was very sweet. emily took the words right out of my mouth. But I obviously should've gone to college, because I have no idea what a "juxtaposition" is. oh well

Emily Petty said...

ha ha Laura! If it makes you feel any better I have no idea of half the words that Frank uses.

Janna said...

I didn't comment here yet? I meant to...I love this post. What a good reminder about why we do the things we do for them. You need to update now.