Monday, May 5, 2008

high adventure

We took a trip to the Madrona Marsh last month with the 11-year-old scouts. It was very hot, but extremely beautiful. We saw all kinds of great bugs and birds (even a snowy egret, which is endangered). The place is covered with indigenous plants, and it is still the marshy season, so there was lots of water. This crazy little place is smack dab in the middle of Torrance, where Brent works.

Eli had just gotten himself a new backpack in preparation for kindergarten. Despite the heat, he insisted on carrying the backpack the whole day. The back of his shirt was soaked with sweat when we got back to the car.Classic. Spencer. Smirk.
Investigating a lady bug.
Another. Classic. Spencer. Smirk.
Relaxing after the hike. That pack is bigger than he is.

3 comments:

Petty Family said...

I can't believe Eli is old enough to go to kindergarten - you know I don't think I've even met him - I think you were pregnant the last time I saw you (or maybe he was a baby), at any rate - it's been way too long. I love your blog background - did you create it? -Emily

Amber said...

Your boys have grown so much lately. Either that, or it's been longer than I think since we last saw you. Probably both!

Janna said...

Cute boys! Nice of you to go along. Where's Jake?