Sunday, December 9, 2007

We did it!!

Saturday, I ran a 5k. It was my first race ever, and it was so much fun. Over the last 10 weeks I have been training with my dear friend Shannon on the couch-to-5k program. It actually worked. I have never been interested in running, mostly because the few times I have tried, I have hated it, lost interest, and decided it was just something I couldn't do. In fact, my main new year's resolution for 2007 was to run a mile without stopping because I have never been able to do it. Apparently, the right training program makes all the difference. In just a few short weeks, we went from running for 30 second intervals, to running for three miles. I still can't believe it. I even want to keep training and run another race.

So, I am done congratulating myself. Here are some pictures, (thanks mom for being our photographer and support staff. We couldn't have done it without you.)

Before the race (still cute):


Don't forget to stretch:

Shannon crossing the finish line at 31:12!

Me crossing the finish line at 33:02.

Jaime finished at 38:38.



And Niki overcame two years of a running hiatus due to back issues at 41:30.

After the race. (Not quite as cute, but pretty proud of ourselves.)
Running by the beach on a crisp December morning is awesome. I highly recommend it.

Thanks gals. I had so much fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jeannette! All those miles we did side by side at the gym--I'm sure you could run circles around me now. Wooohooo!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! This really motivates me.

Leyla... said...

Way to go girls! I'm so proud of you guys! I'm not much of a runner myself, but you have truly inspired me. Maybe I'll give it a chance.