Friday, November 28, 2008

thanksgiving that almost was

happy thanksgiving everyone. ours was eventful. when heading to keith's (big brother) for our annual get together, we were broadsided by a little white bmw. we had the turkey, rolls, pie, mashed potatoes, and a delicious apple/pear tart. so we had to call keith and let them know there would be no turkey. but they had plenty of food, including a ham and another turkey. the only thing they didn't have was a batch of my rolls. so, we came home, cleaned everything up and set the table for a small, yet delicious thanksgiving meal.




now we start the headache of car repair and claims adjusting. mom is a little sore. she was in the front passenger seat and her side airbag deployed. i think she took the brunt of the impact. so we are off to the doctor to make sure nothing is broken. the kids are fine.


3 comments:

Emily Petty said...

Oh no!! How horrible - how did the car drive smack into the middle of your car!? I hope Aunt Helen is okay - I'll look forward to hearing the update. Your turkey and sides look amazing - mine didn't look anywhere near that pretty! I got a chance to chat with Darrin briefly yesterday, as he was celebrating with my family. So sorry for all the car hassle too - thankful that no one is too hurt.

Janna said...

Oh my heavens. I can't believe this. How many accidents does this make for you guys?? I'm so glad no one was hurt and that you were able to still celebrate Thanksgiving. What do you do in the meantime? Do you have a rental?

Leyla... said...

Crazy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad everyone is OK!